Today i remembered a pasta I used to make in one of my internships abroad. It was in the menu, made with mushrooms and was popular. This one instead of mushrooms i use onions. For sure plenty of people are not gonna like the combination of soy sauce, cream and sugar in a pasta plate, but…here we go.
one portion of half cooked pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 sliced white onion
2/3 cup whole cream
4 tbsp of soy sauce
3 tbsp of mirin
1 tbsp of white sugar
Pinch of salt and pepper
- Sauteé the onions with the olive oil until is half cooked.
- Then add the cream and reduce until you can see the bottom of the saucepan.
- Add the soy sauce, mirin and white sugar.
- Add the pasta and cook until is al dente.
- Plate and garnish with chopped parsley, sauteé onions, mushrooms or whatever you like. I garnished with broccoli 🙂