I´ve been a bit obsessed with this recipe because the texture is light, rich and I love matcha!
Matcha is a kind of green tea powder, but the leaves are treated very carefully. They cover green tea fields so they grow in shadow and let the plant boost all the benefits that regular leaves used to have. Matcha combats aging, enhances memoranda concentration, build immunity and more. 1 cup of matcha = 10 cup of regular green tea.
Today I bought shredded coconut so I can mix it with matcha recipes! Hope you enjoy the jiggly cheesecake like I do. XOXO!
This recipe is for a 21cm of diameter mold.
- 100 ml whole milk
- 60 gr unsalted butter
- 200 gr cream cheese
- 6 gr matcha (culinary grade)
- 6 eggs. Separate the yolks from the white eggs
- 50 gr sugar
- 60 gr harina
- 30 gr cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven in 170ºC and put some butter in the mold so the cheesecake doesn’t stick when is ready. You can also cover the mold with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, cornstarch and matcha. Reserve.
- In a pot put the milk, butter and cream cheese. And turn on in a medium heat until de butter and cream cheese melt. Use a whisk.
- When is ready, turn off the heat, wait 2 minutes to cool down and whisk meanwhile you are adding the yolks. Vert the mix in a bowl and add the sifted dry ingredients and the pinch of salt. Mix all with a spatula.
5. In another bowl, make a meringue with the egg whites and sugar.
6. With gently movements add the meringue into the mix, so the batter is gonna be “airy”.
7. In a deep oven dish add boiling water.
8. Add the final mix to the mold and place it carefully to the hot Bain Marie.
9. Bake 30 minutes.
10. Remove from the Bain Marie and cool down before serve.